LANGUAGE JOBS LIMITED
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
This web site is owned and operated by Language Jobs Limited (“Language Jobs”). Language Jobs is part of the CareerBuilder Group. Language Jobs collects personal and non-personal information on this web site. Language Jobs is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. We have created this Privacy Statement in order to describe and explain to users our information collection practice.
If you have any questions or concerns in connection with Language Jobs’s information collection practice described in this Privacy Statement, please send an email to the Customer Service Center. In the email, please state your questions or concerns. Our postal address is:
Language Jobs Limited
The South Quay Building,
189 Marsh Wall
London, E14 9SH
The Types of Personal Data That We Collect
Language Jobs collects personal and other data from data subjects in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) who visit this web site (“EEA Website Visitors”) or who are individual representatives of our current, former or prospective corporate customers, suppliers and business partners (“EEA Business Contacts”).
Language Jobs may collect the following types of data:
- Email addresses
- Home and work addresses
- Phone numbers
- Employment history, including job titles and company names
- Education information
- Financial information
- Username and password for the accounts established on this web site
- Job search behavior and preferences, including a record of the searches that visitors make on this web site
- If a visitor signs in to this web site with a social media account, that visitor’s social media ID, social network site profile image URL and other information included in that visitor’s social media profile
- Information about the devices a visitor used to access this web site (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type and other operating system support information)
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to this web site, and pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave this web site
- Dates and times of visits to this web site
- Information on actions taken on this web site (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses this web site
- Search terms that visitors use to reach this web site
Language Jobs does not seek to collect personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Purposes for the Processing of Personal Data; Legal Basis
Language Jobs processes the personal data of EU data subjects for the purposes of:
- Providing our products and services.
- Registering, managing and maintaining user accounts on our website.
- Maintaining the CVs posted to this web site and making them available.
- Processing, validating and delivering purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting customers about their orders, including by telephone).
- Maintaining a record of the jobs a visitor views or applies to on this web site.
- Informing visitors to this web site of relevant job postings that may be of interest to them.
- Providing administrative notices or communications applicable to use of this web site.
- Providing customer support as well as handling technical issues.
- Contacting data subjects and delivering information to them that, in some cases, is targeted to their interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities)
- Enabling data subjects to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media,
- Soliciting data subjects’ feedback and input.
- Managing participation in our events and other promotions.
- Analyzing and enhancing our marketing communications and strategies.
- Analyzing trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of this web site, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on this web site.
- Analyzing trends and statistics about the job market and career mobility in local economies and nationally.
- Optimizing our site search engine results.
- Protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Complying with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
We may also combine certain non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data, or otherwise anonymized or de-identified data about our users and use and share such data in our products and services. “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information or employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate Data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. We may also use and share anonymized or de-identified data to track trends in the labor market as well as use of our products and services.
For EEA Website Visitors, Language Jobs’s legal basis for processing your personal data is: (i) performance of the contract in relation to any registration, CV and job application information you provide and (ii) consent for use of certain cookies when browsing the site, where unregistered users sign up for job recommendation emails and where registered and unregistered users sign up to receive marketing emails. For EEA Business Contacts that are current customers, suppliers and business partners of Language Jobs, our legal basis for processing your personal data is performance of the contract between us.
We may also process personal information when it is in our legitimate interests to do so and when our interests are not overridden by the impact on the data subject. Our legitimate interests include marketing, selling and providing our products and services; product development and enhancement; understanding our users’ behavior, activities, preferences and needs; protecting against and preventing fraud; and complying with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
Recipients of Personal Data
In the normal course of performing services for our clients, personal information may be shared within Language Jobs and its affiliates for the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement, as well as research and statistical purposes, system administration and crime prevention or detection.
We also may share personal information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services. Our service providers provide the following categories of services: Code Hosting, Code Deployment, Logger, Search Engine, Docker Registry, Bullhorn Integration, Code Deployment, Career Site, Email Processing, On-call Alerting, Internal Login Authentication, Reporting and Monitoring, Proxy Services, Content Management/CMS, Automated Testing/Monitoring, Network diagnostic and lookup tools, Resume Parser, Application Monitoring, Work force analytics, Machine Translations, Server Hosting, Aggregation of Monitoring, VPN and traffic encryption, Application Performance Management, Web Hosting, Customer Relationship Management, Developers, Cloud Hosting, Cloud Storage, Managed Server/Hosting, Email Delivery, Email Marketing, Parsing Technology, eCommerce Processing, Data Matching Technology and Site Analytics. These service providers are required by contract and by law to only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law. Where we have knowledge that a service provider is using or disclosing personal information in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Statement, Language Jobs will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such improper use and/or disclosure.
In addition, where Language Jobs serves as a service provider (data processor) to its clients (data controllers), Language Jobs may be in possession of client data that contains information defined as personal data. In performing these services, Language Jobs does not process, store, or handle personal data in any other manner other than that directed by the data controller. Accordingly, Language Jobs does not share, uniquely identify, or in any way use personal data for any commercial purpose other than that authorized by the controller. In some cases in accordance with our client agreements, we may disclose personal data with a subcontractor contracted to provide services on our behalf, in order to provide service to our clients.
Language Jobs preserves the right to disclose without your prior permission any Personal Information about you or your use of this Site if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Language Jobs, its employees, other users of this web site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this web site; (c) as required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of Language Jobs.
Transfer of Personal Data to a Third Country
Personal data collected by Language Jobs is stored in Europe or in the United States, and processing primarily takes place in Europe and the United States but may also take place in other countries where Language Jobs or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or third party service providers maintain facilities. Language Jobs ensures that such affiliates, subsidiaries or third party service providers are covered by a suitable framework or contract recognized by the relevant authorities or courts as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data.
Data Subject Rights
You are entitled to request access to, rectification of, deletion of and portability of your personal information collected by us. You are also entitled to restrict or object to the processing of your data by us and to object to any decision based solely on automated processing of your data by us. To exercise these rights, as provided under applicable law, please submit a request to the Customer Service Center.
Please help us to keep your data accurate by informing us of any personal information change promptly.
There may be cases where restrictions on the amount of information that can be disclosed to data subjects under applicable law (for example, if that would necessarily involve disclosing information about another person). Language Jobs is permitted to withhold some types of personal data in certain circumstances, subject to applicable local law requirements. If there is a dispute, please contact the Customer Service Center. In addition, data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Data subjects whose processing is based upon consent may withdraw that consent at any time; however, Language Jobs will not be able to provide or continue to provide services or marketing communications to the data subject.
Changes to This Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify data subjects by means of a notice on this web site as well as the applicable date. We encourage EEA Website Visitors, EEA Business Contacts, and others to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.